Three Jaish-e-Mohammed militants were killed by the security forces in an encounter in South Kashmir’s Tral area, Dilbag Singh, Director General of Police (DGP), Jammu and Kashmir, said on Tuesday.
According to news agency reports, Singh said the trio was allegedly behind the killing of two brothers, hailing from the Gujjar community, in Kashmir in August this year.

The Kashmir Zone Police, too, on its official Twitter account confirmed that three terrorists had been killed, adding the search in the area was on. They, however, added the “identities and affiliations being ascertained”.
Two of them are believedto be foreigners and one is a local militant. They had reportedly entered a newly constructed house where the encounter began at 5.00 PM and concluded at about 9.00 PM.
Earlier reports said that an encounter between militants and security forces has begun at Rajpora in Awantipora today.

Reports said security forces on a specific information regarding presence of militants in the village launched a cordon and search operation. As the operation was in progress, militants opened fire on security forces, who returned the fire. The exchange of fire was going on till the reports last came in.
Reports said two to three militants are believed trapped inside the cordoned area.
Security forces recently resumed their anti-militancy operations. The operations were suspended on August 5 when Article 370 was de-operationalised and J&K state downgraded into two union territories. The main focus shifted on maintaining law and order with extra-ordinary deployment of security forces across the Valley to enforce strict restrictions on the movement of people and vehicles. The communication clampdown simultaneously began with the snapping of landline and mobile phone service besides internet.
The restrictions were later lifted from 99 percent areas but the spontaneous shutdown after the scrapping of state’s special status still continues. The landline and postpaid mobile phone services were restored. However, there is no internet facility still.
Security forces re-launched anti-militancy operations some days back particularly in south Kashmir, where some unidentified gunmen, whom police described as militants, killed two non-local truckers, an apple trader and a labourer in three different incidents. Three militants were killed in a gunfight in Bijbehara. Two militants were earlier killed in Ganderbal district.