Malik reaches Shopian; slams PDP, NC for civilian killings Detained by cops after offering Friday prayers

JKLF chairman, Mohammad Yaseen Malik, Friday castigated mainstream politicians for innocent killing of civilians.
“PDP, NC and other politicians, who have been shedding crocodile tears on Shopian civil killings, are the people responsible for massacre of Kashmiris,” Malik said while addressing to Friday congregation prayers in Jamia Masjid, here.

The JKLF chairman had given slip to security men and managed to reach Shopian despite imposition of curfew-like restrictions and deployment of large number of force personnel to foil “Shopian march” called by the separatists.
Malik said the mainstream politicians provide constitutional impunity to forces to kill innocent people of Kashmir.
“The legislators were enacting a drama in Assembly on killing of five civilians of Shopian. These legislators should be held responsible for theirkillings because they enacted and passed Armed Forces Special Powers Act (AFPSA) in Assembly, which is used as a licence by Indian army to kill people in Kashmir,” he said.

Referring to Rubeena, who died at her house in Shopian after hit by a bullet fired by force personnel, Malik said, “It is because of AFSPA that no FIR is being filed against killers of mother of 10-month-old baby.”
He hit out at PDP patron late Mufti Sayeed and Chief Minister Mehbooba Sayeed for taking dictates from RSS headquarters in Nagpur.

“Mehbooba was advocating healing touch to conflict ridden people of Kashmir and now she has become a representative of Nagpur,” Malik said.
A thick cover of forces deployment was made around Jamia Masjid Shopian and small number of people was allowed to offer Friday payers in Jamia Masjid Shopian.
Only about hundred people offered prayers in the mosque, which on normal Fridays remains packed with more than one thousand devotees.
Eyewitnesses said when Malik moved out after addressing people in Jamia Masjid to stage a sit-in protest, he was detained by police.
It agitated the youth, who chanted pro-freedom and anti-India slogans and pelted stones on the force personnel.
The cops fired teargas canisters and sound shells to disperse them.
The clashes continued for some time.