People to continue protest against India’s Aug 5 move: Mirwaiz Forum

the Hurriyat forum headed by Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has said that the muscular move of August 5 2019 by India is a most sordid chapter in the tragic saga of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir.

The forum in a statement issued in Srinagar, today, said it has been one year of military siege, imposed by India in August last year while laws and ordinances are being thrust one after another on the people to undermine the Muslim majority character of Jammu and Kashmir.

The forum pointed out that the unilateral decision to change the demographic and physical character of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir was in violation of disputed nature of the Kashmir dispute, which has been acknowledged by the world.

“This decision has only increased the resentment in all regions of IIOJK and people of Kashmir will continue to protest it despite the severest siege being foisted on them,” the statement added.

The forum maintained that that it had always advocated for a peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue in accordance with the will and aspirations of all the people of J&K and stood firm and committed on that stand.

It asked both India and Pakistan to resume dialogue at the earliest to seek a permanent and peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue as per the aspirations of the Kashmiri people by including them as the main stakeholders as they are the ones who are bearing the brunt of the conflict for the past 73 years.

The forum reiterated its call for complete shutdown on August 5, when the military siege of Indian illegally occupied Jammu and Kashmir will complete a who year.