Strike, clashes continue over militant killings in Anantnag Third militant remains unidentified, buried in Boniyar

Strike and clashes continued in parts of Kashmir, a day after the killing of three militants in Anantang area of South Kashmir.
A complete shutdown was observed in parts of Srinagar, Ganderbal, and Anantnag while clashes also erupted in some parts of Valley.
The reports of shutdown were received from Soura and adjoining areas in Ganderbal district and Kokernag, Zangalgam, and Vailoo areas of Anantnag district on the second day against the killing of militants.
At some places in Soura area and Nowshera protestors clashed with government forces who responded by firing tear gas shells to disperse them.
Shops, business and commercial establishments remained closed in Ahmad Nagar, Soura, Buchpora, Umerhear, Pandach, Illahibagh and in villages of Zalangam and Vailoo in Kokernag tehsil of South Kashmir’s Anantnag district.
Public transport remained off the roads in these areas while private vehicles plied normally. The markets in Ganderbal and Kangan towns remained closed for the second day while the students of Degree College Ganderbal and Gandhi College Babdemb Srinagar assembled outside the college gate and staged a protest.
At Gool Chakri area of the main town Shopian in south Kashmir some unknown persons hurled a petrol bomb in the busy market which created panic in the area. However, no one was injured in the attack.
Though the train services resumed, some schools and colleges remained closed in Pulwama and Srinagar.
Meanwhile, an unidentified militant who was killed along with his two associates was buried at Boniyar in north Kashmir’s Baramulla district Monday night where foreign militants are laid to rest in the Valley even as there were spontaneous strike and clashes in some parts of Kashmir.
Official sources said the body of the unknown militant believed to be from Pakistan was buried with the help of local Auqaf Committee members on the intervening night of March 12 and 13 at around 1:30 am. A police officer said after all efforts to identify the militant failed and he was later buried in Boniyar.
The militant was killed along with his two associates Owais Shafi of Kokernag and Eesa Fazili of Soura, Srinagar in a gunfight with forces in Hakoora village of the district on late Sunday night. (GNS)