Victims of indiscriminate firing recount Frisal rampage

Srinagar, Feb 14:
Indiscriminate firing in Frisal area of Kulgam district left the young victims with ripped chests, dislocated shoulders, fractured legs and perforated lungs.

The young boys, undergoing treatment at SKIMS Soura, have no idea why they were being shot at, but then immediately realize, “In occupation people are killed without any reason.”
Mir Danish Nazir, whose chest has been ripped by a bullet, was going to coaching centre when forces fired at him and left him to die.

Recalling the incident, Danish said, “People had swarmed the area where the militants were holed up in a house. They wanted to have a glimpse of the militants, but the forces unloaded their guns on them and turned the orchard into a battlefield.”
The 18-year-old boy who studies in 12th standard didn’t stand like other people neat the house and instead maintained distance and went the other way to tuitions.

“Police chased people and fired upon them and that’s how I was also injured.”
Another boy Bilal, who was injured in the shoulder and is undergoing treatment at SKIMS, had come to Frisal to spend the Sunday with his aunt. But before he could reach his aunt’s place, he was injured.

“I live in Koimouh, but that day I thought of visiting my aunt. On way to Frisal I saw a gathering of people. I asked my friend what was the matter and he said that militants have been killed and people are waiting for their bodies,” said Bilal.
Sensing trouble, he tried to leave the place, but as police had suffered causalities in the encounter, the cops fired indiscriminately on people.
“They vented the anger on us. It was evident from their gestures that they were angry over the casualties and now wanted to kill us also,” he said.
Among those brought to SKIMS, Mohammad Younis Sheikh’s injury has been the most grievous.
A doctor treating him said, “He was bleeding profusely when he was admitted here.”
The 22-year-old was hit by bullet in the thigh and is lying in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital.
“He has been operated and is out of danger, but cannot talk yet,” the doctor said.