Khalid J. Qazi, MD, MACP
Prof. Khalid J. Qazi is a Buffalo, NY Internist, professor, and board member of the World Kashmir Awareness Forum.
Prof. Qazi has served as Chairman of the town of Amherst’s Community Diversity Commission and President of the Muslim Public Affairs Council of Western New York. He is a co-founder of the Annual Understanding Islam Series, The Tent of Abraham, and a member of the Board of Governors for the Buffalo Network of Religious Communities.
During his medical career, Dr. Qazi served as a Professor of Clinical Medicine and Program Director for the University of Buffalo Internal Medicine, President of the Buffalo Catholic Health System Medical Staff, and Program Director for Internal Medicine at Sisters of Charity Hospital.
Prof. Qazi has earned the following awards and recognitions:
- Masters Status by the American College of Physicians
- The Laureate Award by the New York State Chapter
- Outstanding ACGME Accreditation Award from the University of Buffalo
- The U.S. Attorney General’s Citizen Volunteer Service Award
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Muslim Public Affairs Council of Western New York.
- Recognition of 50 Years of Service from the Medical Society of New York
- The Brotherhood/Sisterhood Award of the National Conference of Christians and Jews
- The Leadership Buffalo Diversity Award
- Gaudete Medal from St. Bonaventure University
- Buffalo News 2001 Outstanding Citizen of Western New York.